• Hazardous Earth – Tectonics and weather hazards
• Development Dynamics – including an extended India case study
• Challenges of an Urbanising World – including an extended Mumbai case study
90 minute written exam 37.5 % of the final grade.
• UK’s Evolving Physical Landscape – geology, rivers and coasts
• UK’s Evolving Human Landscape – with a focus on London and Cornwall
•Fieldwork and geographical investigations – in both urban and coastal locations
Students will be tested on the following topics in an exam that contains an element of decision making about how to best manage a resource, location or problem
•People & The Biosphere
•Forest Under Threat
•Consuming energy Resources
Coursework is not a requirement of the Geography GCSE, but field trips, data collection and analysis are still an important part of your GCSE at Hayes.
Fieldwork skills are now assessed within the exam papers and make up 15% of the marks
All exams are now taken at the end of year 11
. 90 minute written exam 25 % of the final grade