Working for Hayes
Welcome to the Hayes Student Council webpage. In each section you can find out about different issues and topics that we have discussed recently and find out how to get your views across. Remember that you can talk to your Year Reps, or Form Captains, about any views you have as well because everyone is a part of the student council.
Aliyah Majeed & Alex MIller- Student Council co-Chairs
Student Council Aims
The aims of the student council are:
- to help everyone improve their learning and, as a consequence, their academic success and progress;
- to represent the student body and ensure all voices are heard;
- to communicate effectively with SLT, teachers, governors and the business manager, to share this information with year councils and to make realistic requests;
- to improve the school for students, teachers and the community;
- To ensure that each Year Council develops and leads on the pursuit of an aim which is specific to their Year group.
- To make further developments into encouraging students and staff to make Hayes a more eco-friendly school.
- To investigate with the SLT, the management of student areas particularly at break and lunchtime
The Student Council will support this aim through the following intentions:
Exceptional Achievement for all students:
- Work closely with the Bromley Youth Council to improve relationships and support projects
- Support other student groups, such as the Environment Team and Student Leadership Team.
- Encourage all students to make best academic progress in their studies
Exceptional Teaching and Learning:
- Re-launch Student Learning Consultants to identify best classroom practice that will improve and support the learning of all students at Hayes
- Ensure marking and other forms of teacher feedback are understood and acted on by all students
- Support the development of the Hayes Learner
- Working with teachers to develop positive relationships with students of all abilities, so that all feel comfortable asking for help
Exceptional Behaviour within a Safe Learning Environment:
- Support Tutors and Achievement Coordinators in meeting tutor group, year and school attendance targets
- Encourage participation in extra-curricular opportunities at Hayes and in the local community through better and closer links with the Sports Council and other similar student groups.
- Encourage all students to take responsibility for their behaviour, in line with the Code of Conduct, making Hayes an even safer and better place to learn
- Support, maintain and improve the fabric of our learning environment
- Show leadership and support for the school in maintaining a ‘World Class’ learning environment.
- Ensure we are recognised for our action rather than our intention
- Support each other, year representatives, students, staff and Governors, leading by example both individually and collectively, in all things that will make Hayes School an even better environment in which to learn
- To represent the student body when hosting Student Council.
2019-20 Progress Update