About Us » Pupil Premium
Pupil premium is additional funding given to publicly funded schools in England to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils and close the gap between them and their peers.
Schools are free to spend the Pupil Premium as they see fit. However, we will be held accountable for how we have used the additional funding.
Headteacher’s and school governing bodies are accountable for the impact of pupil premium funding in the following ways:
• Performance tables, which show the performance of disadvantaged pupils compared with their peers.
• Requiring schools to publish details online each year of how they are using the pupil premium and the impact it is having on pupil achievement.
• The Ofsted inspection framework, where inspectors focus on the attainment of pupil groups, and in particular those who attract the pupil premium.
Hayes School receives a ‘Pupil premium Grant’ from the Government for each student that is eligible for free school meals (FSM), or has been eligible at any time over the last six years. This also extends to any student who is/previously has been in the care of the Local Authority, and children of armed services personnel.
Our Objectives in spending the Pupil Premium Grant:
• To remove barriers to learning so to ensure Pupil Premium students continue to make progress at least in line with or greater than national measures of expected progress.
• To accelerate pupil progress and raise attainment in order to further reduce the Pupil premium gap throughout the school
• To support social and emotional development that enables students to learn.
• To broaden experiences and widen opportunities for students by ensuring they have access to and are fully engaged in all aspects of Hayes School life.
• To ensure secure and well supported transitions, including future destinations
Please see the attached report for a breakdown of our Pupil Premium spend and its impact on outcomes.
Any issues linked to our Pupil premium students, which includes looked after (CLA), post looked after (PLA), free school meals (FSM) or Ever6, please contact Ms Moss, Assistant Principal – firstname.lastname@example.org